Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

I am honoured to be invited to this forum. I am Chris Gower and my speciality is handcuffs and restraints. I started collecting over 50 years ago and my name was in the Guinness Book of Records for 4 years as having the largest collection of handcuffs in the world. I was invited to appear on The Antiques Road Show, Fiona Bruce was definitely not interested in my collection but Hilary Kaye was facinated by them. 20 minutes filming was condensed into about 3 minutes.
    There are now about 800 items in the collection and although no longer the largest collection in the world it is still considered one of the best! This is my first posting so hope I can add a photo of part of my early English restraints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0775.jpeg  

Default Handcuffs

You are very welcome Chris, I cant think of anyone more knowedgeable to run this section.

Default welcome Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris. I'm amazed at the variety and number of items you have found over the years!

Thread Information