Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Environmental Padlock

Have this padlock for while until finally make key for it. The first one I did was from a truck tire air value. The second one was from round brass by using on drill press to file it down until it fit in the hole. This is a Specific Union Pacific RR Padlock.....Timothy.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Environmental Padlock (Specific Union Pacific Railroad padlock) 1a.jpeg   Environmental Padlock (Specific Union Pacific Railroad padlock) 2a.jpeg   Environmental Padlock (Specific Union Pacific Railroad padlock) 3a.jpeg   Environmental Padlock (Specific Union Pacific Railroad padlock) 4a.jpeg   Environmental Padlock Key 1a.jpeg  

Environmental Padlock Key 3a.jpeg   Environmental Padlock Key 4a.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 5a.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 6a.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 7a.jpg  

Environmental Padlock Key 8a.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 9a.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 12a.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 13a.jpeg.jpg   Environmental Padlock (Specific Union Pacific Railroad padlock) 5a.jpeg.jpg  

Environmental Padlock (Specific Union Pacific Railroad padlock) 6a.jpeg.jpg  

That's Brilliant Timothy- that's thinking outside the box and to get the profile of the key bow to match the body of the padlock- Love it!

Thank Huw
    Just wish could have machine to do a better job. Was a lot of work making that key without trying to cut my finger off with the file.....Timothy....

Great job Timothy.
    Must have taken a lot of time and patience to get it done.

Yes it does take being patience. I have been on and off on this padlock.Here is picture of fork lift tire value I use to impression to get this padlock to open. This can be use for anything on some padlock...Timothy......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fork Lift Tire Value Tube 1.jpg   Fork Lift Tire Value Tube 2.jpg   Fork Lift Tire Value Tube.jpg   Environmental Padlock Key 122a.jpeg  

Nice job that's a 0881 s&g very heavy padlock

Feeling fortunate to have seen this thread. When members share their out of the box ideas, it is ain inspiration for others to emulate.

Good job! I look at your endeavours to create a key from scratch as inspiration towards my own projects

Timothy,pm me and if you like i will send you info on some of these key cuts for the 0881

Thread Information