Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default 1923 Buick & 1929 Willy's Overland

My client has a 1923 Buick, he wants keys for the transmission lock located on the floor at the base of the stick shift
    there is a letter 'B' inside a diamond which I suppose is the manufacturer and a number 'B342' on the face of the cylinder
    Also the ignition lock made by Yale, I was unable to find a key to fit it, looks like a Y-1 profile but smaller in size--
    Anyone have any ideas?

Also he has a 1929 Willys Overland, I wish I knew which keys fit it, I did manage to make a key for his 1932 Chevy,
    using a B-10 blank, it has a pop-out ignition, first I have seen

Default 1923 Buick & 1929 Willy's Overland

It will help if send picture of the lock so we can see what the lock look like. The B342 could be the code number have to look up the code number in code book and should tell you what key blank to use. If you are not a locksmith take the code number to locksmith and they will cut the key for you....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
    My client has a 1923 Buick, he wants keys for the transmission lock located on the floor at the base of the stick shift
    there is a letter 'B' inside a diamond which I suppose is the manufacturer and a number 'B342' on the face of the cylinder
    Also the ignition lock made by Yale, I was unable to find a key to fit it, looks like a Y-1 profile but smaller in size--
    Anyone have any ideas?

Also he has a 1929 Willys Overland, I wish I knew which keys fit it, I did manage to make a key for his 1932 Chevy,
    using a B-10 blank, it has a pop-out ignition, first I have seen
    This website may help:
    http://www.key-men.com/

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information