Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Default Modern Safe or Rim/Gate Blank with Bullet Ward?

Found this single random blank in with some ordinary pin safe blanks. Totally mystified, can't remember seeing it before let alone ever ordering any, cutting them or what it's for.

The Quality of it is appalling, it's so badly made my initial thought was it must be a die-cast zinc reject, but strangely its actually plated steel. Pin Gauge varies by so much it's best left as 'max 5.8mm'!
    Has a 3 on one side of the bow and a circular dimpled Mark on the other which looks to be from an ejector pin during manufacture.

Not too convinced it's a safe blank, possibly one of those wacky European rim or gate locks? The bullet ward would be big enough to act as a stop instead of a collar. Unlikely I'm ever going to use it but pure curiosity has got the better of me now!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	17449 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	17450 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	17451

It reminded me of a blank for a german strongroom door grille gate, but in a longer length, you have some nice stuff!

Thread Information