Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Interesting vault lock

There is an interesting auction on Ebay with a Mosler time lock and duel combinations from a vault door mounted in a jig. I am sure our machinist members could be creative and really jazz it up. Not much info provided about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-movement...8AAOSwol5Y0tlR

288sf1t 1

Wow this is really cool! Unfortunately I live in the wrong part of the world at the moment But maybe Huw or somebody can buy this :)

Cheers

Maik

It sure is very nice, but with a price tag of $1800, an unpacked weight of 75 lbs and the additional shipping costs to bring it 3,500 miles to the UK, plus our VAT, handling duty etc, any UK buyers would really have to want it badly to pay those sort of total costs. The little 'prototype cannonball' they have listed also Looks a nice project for someone...

Heyho :)

Yeah the price is really high... Maybe something you could build yourself, Huw

You mentioned this cannonball safe and I found this thing in their list:

HTML Code:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-YEO-Small-Vault-Door-Sargent-Greenleaf-25-x31/182404838838?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D9163120747fd4425a5e1ad1a7dd11b8a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D262906009286
    that is a quite nice looking door.

Cheers

Maik

Huw
    Could be nice to made one of your own. Just Joking with you. Yes that would be like to have at home, but don't think she not going to like it in our house....Timothy.....

Thats funny you both joked about making my own as I've considered that with the two old Yales I've got- they're still rusting away so making a fancy display mount with some boltwork and linkages would at least make use of them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	17398 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	17399
    Never got around to it though, as you can see these haven't got the nice bronze cases so aren't the prettiest locks to start with, and TBH I'm not overly enthusiastic about spending months making yet another pile of mild steel that's going to rust from day one, but you never know it might get done one day.

The one that 00247 has posted is very nice but serious money, and TBH if I had that sort of cash spare for something I want but don't really need I wouldn't have to think- it'd be this
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	17400
    It's probably the size of my shed, and cause power-cuts for the neighbours every time its switched on, and what the concrete foundations would make of 3 tons of DSG's finest probably wouldn't have a happy ending...

Nice Lock Huw. Wish I could have one of your machine but small one may do the job. The only thing wrong have no place to put it....Timothy.....

Funnily enough my odd job man cleared out some outbuildings today. I had to leave my entire worshop behind when I came here and I was thinking how I could get a new one set up, but then I thought better or it all. I am supposed to be retired after all.

Thread Information