Reflecting over the original thread on ultimate safes it's amazed me how many readers have found it an interesting subject, just goes to show that even an oddball subject like freestanding safes can find interest with a massive scope of people.

This got me thinking about the future a little more, considering the many structural and political changes in our rapidly advancing world, and of the possibility that in a couple of decades, there might just be possibilities for their comeback...

Here in the UK, governed by the established Euro gradings we have already seen one company introduce a graded safe from a European manufacturer that was a full grade above what all the others were offering, and amazingly that included the big guns and brands like Chubb- at this level that really is something to shout about. Likewise there is a single German manufacturer who produce a graded strongroom door a full Euro grade above what all the other manufacturers offer. So, despite all of today's calculated risk assessments, planning and controlled spreading of risk, it just goes to show that there is demand for both safes and doors that are rated and graded above the norm.

Realising that we can't reverse thirty years of change and progress, I appreciate that any likely future 'super safes' arent necessarily going to be direct reflections of those from the past. Overseas manufacturing, conglomerate ownerships, not to mention modern pricing structures are all factors that can't change overnight. There is definitely scope for thought though, what does everyone else think, might we see a slow reappearance over the next couple of decades?