Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Keen Kutter Padlock Story and Question

I got a pretty good deal on this Keen Kutter padlock on ebay. It was attached to the leather wrapped copper cable in the picture. It has sat in my garage for a while as kind of a back burner project. I recently started thinking about it and started researching methods to get it open. I came across a video of someone using tryout keys and opening one. So I gathered all of my flat keys that would fit and none did except for the actual Keen Kutter key my grandfather had given me a while back. So now that I have it off the cable and a working key I'm trying to determine authenticity. It looks good with all the seeming history behind it but I've been learning lately that a lot of the fakes look really good too. The main thing I'm curious about is the extra rivet on the back. I've been looking at a lot of these padlocks both real and fake and none I've seen so far have one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What do you think? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PicsArt_03-17-12.31.52.jpg   PicsArt_03-17-12.30.52.jpg  

Thread Information