Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Help with Identifying Combination change key

Hello All Have been temped to venture forth and sort some more bits and pieces out and came across this Change key I probably should know what lock it fits bit am at a loss Would like to to know and see a picture or an exploded view of the lock it fits First thought were Rosengren though perhaps not Maybe a Martins ?
    I wonder if anybody knows Thanks Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rosengren KCL change key .jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	17190

Hey there :)

Could you please measure the diameter of the shaft? Maybe it is a Kromer key.

Cheers

Maik

Default Change Key ID

Hello Thanks for the reply have measured the diameter of the round main shaft and its 5mm
    as to the square ssection which fits into wheel aperture that is 3.5mm as only just measured with rule. cheers

Those are the same measurements as my Kromer change key. And the shape is also the same.

So there you have it: Its a Kromer key :)

Cheers

Maik

Default Ah so thats what is

Many thanks for that I must have carried that around in my tool box for a number of years and I have never come across a Kromer Com lock. have you any pictures of one with the back off
    thanks again all the best Ant

Hey Ant :)

So here are the pictures of my Kromer locks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160125_103605.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	17281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160125_103638.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	17282

Cheers

Maik

Default Kromer K/C/L change key

Thanks Maik
    Can't recall ever seeing one of these Though it possible to have a whole career in the trade and not see every thing I know but perhaps not many safes fitted with this lock are to be found in the UK.
    Noticed the drop arm has assistance spring were different carrier wheels supplied (so it could be mounted in any other position) with a differently cut spline key slot As surly the spring assistance on the drop arm is superfluous otherwise?
    Cheers Ant

Hey Ant!

Well as far as I know those locks are quite often found in Germany, where I come from.
    Yes, the assistance spring allows the user to have the lock mounted in different positions.

The lock has a good quality, I am using two of them for my homemade vault door on a remote combination viewer

Cheers

Maik

Thread Information