Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Christopher Belcher is unwell

It is with great sadness that I have to report Chris Belcher is in hospital, close to death from cancer.
    He has not been well for a couple of years and has missed seeing the many friends whom he made throughout his career.
    His career has encompassed many things, but you will know him for being a locksmith and safe engineer in Plymouth who invented and manufactured many ground breaking locksmith tools, cylinders, The Assistant, locks etc etc etc but especially decoders and lock picks, which were all sold around the world.
    He started Colti and eventually licenced his name and all his inventions to TradeLocks allowing them to mass produce and promote them to a wider audience, whilst still developing new products for them in his retirement.

He greatly enjoyed training people to use them - his patience, genuinely warm welcome and integrity were legendary.
    Always accompanied everywhere by his wife Soozie, they were never thrilled by having to be salespeople occasionally, but loved meeting their customers and especially the inventing of things.
    He hopes that he has been of some help to you.

What sad news Tom, its times like these we feel so helpless. I got to know them both well and always enjoyed the benefits of his immense knowledge, and was particularly honored that I was chosen to continue the COLTi ideals. Of course everybody in the trade whether they knew him or not benefits from his vision and ideals, which we here have no problem in continuing, so in that sense Chis Belcher's name and his brotherhood will live on both here at COLTi and in the wider locksmith trade.

Lets record here the ways that his knowledge and the products of his knowledge have benefited this wonderful locksmith trade and all engaged in it....

Sad news.
    Mine and Johanne's thoughts go out to Chris and his family.

Default Chris

I interacted with Chris and Susan back in 2010 when I bought his V3 assistant. He was very patient with me and at that time I was battling four different cancers and had many conversations with Susan. I ended up beating all of them and it has been six years cancer free. My thoughts and prayers are with both Chris who is fighting and Susan who like my wife during my time are always trying to put on a good face even though the heart is breaking. All we can do is hope for the best.

It is now one month since Chris passed away and although we will always remember him, his work, his friendship and his help, there is a practical way that we can do something more for those of us wish to remember Chris by helping MacMillans in their wonderful work.
    Tom

https://macmillan.tributefunds.com/christopher-belcher

Thread Information