Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Rim Lock query

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Rim Lock query

Hello all, I too would like some help please. I have tried my best (via Google and Youtube mostly) but still have an unanswered question.

I have moved in to a new home and would like to refurb the various Edwardian (I think) rim locks. None of them work properly. I have removed them and taken a look inside, unfortunately most of the insides seem to have been removed previously. I have established how the leaf spring worked and have managed to order replacements however try as I might I can find no information as to how the thumb latch worked? Currently they are all rattling around loose in the body of the lock!

Could anyone please give me an idea how I can order/make/source replacement parts so I can restore the thumb latch to working order? I am a keen DIY'er but have know prior knowledge of rim locks.

Attached are a few snaps of one of the locks and the case I managed to clean up.

Many thanks
    Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3228.JPG   IMG_3229.JPG   image1(2).JPG  

Thread Information