Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Halls Safe and Lock Vault door (Need premier#4 wheel pack)

So here is the project that initially gave me the bug.
    I rescued it about 20 years ago and am just now starting to do something with it.
    Thought I had finally found a wheel pack but it's too small I haven't seen another door quite like it. Does anyone happen to be hoarding a wheel pack or have any photos of a similar door to compare artwork?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/802472...57680579757466

100 years ago when I was very interested on Hall's Premier locks, I had collected 3 of the 4 sizes, waiting to get the large vault lock. Actually there is a fifth model, the large double dial version. Anyway, the smallest size wheelpack and the largest size wheelpack are different than the middle 2 sizes. So your quest can only be fulfilled by finding one from the biggest lock, which would typically be found on a vault door. Good luck.

Looks like I'll need the luck. Thanks. No real possibility of me finishing that vault door restoration any time soon so I can be patient. Thanks to the internet at least now I know what it is that I'm looking for. Back when I first rescued it, there was no such resource and I had no hope of ever finding it. I thought of maybe putting a want ad in the paper in the town where I rescued it from (Litchfield Il) . Someone had to take it out and it is tool cool for anyone to toss or scrap. The smaller pack I bought someone was selling as a paperweight.

Default Joseph L Hall Premier Whees

hi

i have a Joseph L Hall Premier lock that is also missing the wheels and the drive cam.
    it is a larger lock

Default Still needed/ looking

Still needed/ looking

Let me look around. I collect (hoard) things like that because they are so hard to find when you need them. I know I have a few extras gathering dust in a safe somewhere but cannot tell you if I have the right size. I'll look around when I get a chance.

so I have looked and my small collection of halls stuff says I don’t have your part. Keep looking my friend.

Thread Information