Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Eagle Lock CO. Terryville CT. US

Got this Eagle padlock from Antique store with no key. I impression two keys from low carbon steel and brass. This was the harder one to impression but as least got the key to open the lock. There code number stamp on the shackle as will not find this in any code book....Timothy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Eagle Padlock qf.jpg.jpg   Old Eagle Padlock qa.jpg.jpg   Old Eagle Padlock qh.jpg.jpg   Old Eagle Padlock qi.jpg.jpg   Old Eagle Padlock qj.jpg.jpg  

Old Eagle Padlock qk.jpg.jpg  

These locks were discussed in my book (book 1). They operate on a simple ward plate design with limited bit variations. Good job on the key. For such a nice lock (weight, look and feel), EAGLE could have done a better locking mechanism.

My bad, your lock contains lever tumbler. I confused it with a similar model. Good job nonetheless.

Thanks Lauren
    don't see very many of this padlock on eBay. I have see some as same as my but the shackle are round. This padlock has something more like blue paint as has been worn off from in use for many year. I believe why it so hard to impression was the lever was worn out from using to open so many year. This why I said was hard to impression....Timothy....

I love EAGLE padlocks. For the greater part, they were one manufacturer that went above and beyond with lever tumbler design. Just look at some of the FIRST QUALITY padlocks. The tolerances are close and those .025" thick ward plates are a real headache.

Lauren
    You right about "The tolerances are close and those .025" thick ward plates are a real headache."This is why I said was hard to Impression the lock and take time to make key...Timothy....

Thread Information