Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Masterlock key blank

#47 Masterlock key blanks needed

Hello All: I'll preface my query by stating that I an NOT A COLLECTOR OF MASTERLOCK'S... but I do have a liking for 1940's & 1950's bicycle padlocks.. I recently picked up a #47 bike lock (long shackle) & discovered that the groove in the key blank that I am searching for is not the same as a short shackle #47.. The blank that I need has the groove on the left side .......like a #48.. can any one help me . I would like to find 2 or 3 so I can key this lock...............Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Hello All: I'll preface my query by stating that I an NOT A COLLECTOR OF MASTERLOCK'S... but I do have a liking for 1940's & 1950's bicycle padlocks.. I recently picked up a #47 bike lock (long shackle) & discovered that the groove in the key blank that I am searching for is not the same as a short shackle #47.. The blank that I need has the groove on the left side .......like a #48.. can any one help me . I would like to find 2 or 3 so I can key this lock...............Donnie
    I believe those two blanks are long obsolete, Old Ilco 1331 which crosses to Graham 2765C and Old Ilco 1331R which crosses to 453 Curtis and 2756CR Graham. Thumbnail of 1331R attached, system wouldn't let me upload my second image for some reason, but 1331 is the opposite.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldIlco1331.jpg  

Default masterlock key blank needed

Thanks Pete, I am hoping that someone may have a couple hanging on a board somewhere in in the "old key" section of their shop.
    I do appreciate the #'s that you offered as I call around, my search will be easier... Not many old timers in my section of USA... donnie

Default masterlock key blank needed #47 LONG shackle bike lock

Pete, just to be certain, the image that you show is NOT the blank that I need.. correct?? my slot is on the left side of the keyhole as you face the lock....... same as a # 48 short shackle lock...........Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Pete, just to be certain, the image that you show is NOT the blank that I need.. correct?? my slot is on the left side of the keyhole as you face the lock....... same as a # 48 short shackle lock...........Donnie
    Here is the image of the Old Ilco 1331, see thumbnail.

Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldIlco1331.jpg  

Default #47 Masterlock key blanks

That's the one Pete , THANKS for your help.... now if any one has a couple laying around, yea, probably not..but I'm hoping..Donnie

#1331 Ilco anyone??

Thread Information