Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Open dominion safe need new combination

Hi I've recently acuired a pretty 1900s dominion safe and vault Co. I purchased this safe for 20 bucks in London Ontario from an old gentleman who owned a factory the lock and handle move without ease and the door will shut and secure the problem is the previous owner didn't have the combination. Now I'm looking to retumble the locks to get a new combination and was wondering how I'd go about this and possibly what the safe is worth with a new combination and fully operational.

Hello Jake, upload some pictures so everyone can see what combination lock is actually fitted on your safe:
    http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...-to-your-posts

This is the inside and outer side of the lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170203_131035.jpg   1486145551601-131162078.jpg  

Worth a look at the instructions from another Dominion thread, I think it had most things covered:
    http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...light=Dominion

Your lock certainly does look it's age so have to hope there's no loose play between the dial and drive cam as that's one of many common issues that can cause problems when resetting.

Jake you have a M6735 S&G lock. You can reset the combo with a S&G 6700 series change key. TJ

Thread Information