Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tann Bankers 11 Safe

I was wondering if anyone out there would have a brochure on the Tann Bankers 11 safe. Or if they could tell me what brochure would be the closest to it in construction. Thanks in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by jaden View Post
    I was wondering if anyone out there would have a brochure on the Tann Bankers 11 safe. Or if they could tell me what brochure would be the closest to it in construction. Thanks in advance for any help
    The Mark 9 was the end of the line in 1979.

I think sometimes the models made for the US market had different model names from the UK market, but I have never heard of anything after mk9

Default Tann Bankers 11

Gary, i have never seen one over here. I have seen them on A to Z website, listed as a Tann Bankers Series 2 Grade 5 equivalent. There is also a Tann Treasury Series 11.
    I am trying to find brochure information on these models, if it was even made

Quote Originally Posted by jaden View Post
    Gary, i have never seen one over here. I have seen them on A to Z website, listed as a Tann Bankers Series 2 Grade 5 equivalent. There is also a Tann Treasury Series 11.
    I am trying to find brochure information on these models, if it was even made
    The Bankers range was superseded by the TS safes starting in 1976 with the TST Mk 1 Super Treasury followed in 1980 by the TST Mk2, TBT Bankers Treasury, and TSB Super Bullion.
    Then came the TS1,2,3,4 and eventually 5 (Diamond) in 1982.
    It looks like the number 11 is being confused with a Mk. or Series 2.
    I'm beginning to confuse myself -need a wee lie down.

There was a series of safes fortress 2 , treasury 2 and bankers 2, but never heard of these being referred to as a bankers 11 unless they used a roman numeral.
    will try to sort a picture or a brochure.

Apologies Gary, i should have said "Bankers Series 11" and yes, it is a roman numeral thingy. If you could find me a brochure on any of the ones you mentioned i have to say, i would probably be in your debt.
    Many Thanks

Default brochure

the internal picture in the brochure is not of one of this series of safes. Very unusual to see ant internal safe working details in sales literature
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tann bankers 2 005.jpg   tann bankers 2 006.jpg  

internal pages were too large, will try to reduce and post

try again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tann bankers 2 009.jpg   tann bankers 2 010.jpg  

Thread Information