Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Chatwood Milner combination "blisters".

Has anyone ever come across the Chatwood Milner combination "blisters" used on UK Forces safes? They are a small, hinged unit which are welded and bolted over the keyhole of a safe and the keyhole cannot be accessed until the manifoil combination lock controlled door has been opened. They add very little security but they do make it obvious if anybody has attempted to open the safe.

I would like to buy a couple. Are they available commercially?

Chubby if you'd asked years ago you could have called in and probably had a wheel barrow full!
    Used to see hundreds of them, sometimes 15 or 20 in a day, complete strip downs, service, reassemble and reset combs etc. Plus used to refurbish batches every few months back to metal, prime and paint etc..
    wouldn't have a clue where you'd get hold of them these days though sorry.

Square early pattern were heavier build and the more common later round 'blisters' smaller and lighter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	16805

Thanks anyway.

I have never seen the square ones.

It's worth a look on eBay if you haven't already- there used to be a few sellers with all the old Manifoil stuff like doc boxes, 5' and 6' security cabinets etc

First and only time I saw one was on an old safe in the long abandoned armoury of an ex-RAF fighter base.

Thread Information