Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dual Control Padlock

Dual Control Abloy Style padlock with two cylinders each with a different key, probably from the early 1990's so not an antique but still a vintage item. Anybody know who made them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2972-01-max.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	478.7 KB 
ID:	16766

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Morland View Post
    Dual Control Abloy Style padlock with two cylinders each with a different key, probably from the early 1990's so not an antique but still a vintage item. Anybody know who made them?
    Looks like a genuine Abloy case but could also be China made.
    BBE.

I've seen these dual control ABLOY knockoffs on Ebay several times and they all are being sold from Russia or one of the former soviet block countries. I've bid on them several times and seem to always loose out in the end. Nice lock none the less. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Interesting, the shackle is steel, presumable hardened, but the body is some sort of high grade aluminum, not white metal die-cast, steel or brass. When unlocked the shackle is completely removable. It does seem to be well made though. Being the mechanism it is it would be very suitable for harsh conditions (wet, freezing, marine etc.) in the northern latitudes.

This is the only marking, does this help with identification?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2972-02-500.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	16863

Default two more Russian dual control

Agreed, nice quality really. I have 2 of these, one used and one new. But have never seen original packaging or advertisements on the net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails russian-abloy-1-a.JPG   russian-abloy-2-a.JPG   russian-abloy-1-d.JPG   russian-abloy-1-c.JPG   russian-abloy-2-d.JPG  

Default Can we expand Dual Control to other examples

I have a bit of a liking for dual control padlocks and locks but will post padlocks only here for the moment.
    These are more Russian padlocks, solid and robust but not particularly pick resistant.
    Interesting all the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails russian 2 keys-1-a.JPG   russian 2 keys-1-b.JPG   russian 2 keys-1-c.JPG   russian 2 keys-2-a.JPG   russian 2 keys-2-b.JPG  

russian 2 keys-2-c.JPG  

Default Lips

These are quite nice as well.
    LIPS did quite a few in the dual control including both lever and pin tumbler mechanisms. At this stage I haven't acquired a pin tumbler but maybe one day.
    The first one is key retaining.
    The keyways vary on both padlocks with different gauges and a variety of wards.
    One day I will get around to making better keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lips-2 keys-1.JPG   lips-2 keys-2.JPG  

Default A more modern Indian manufactured Godrej with Kaba cylinders

This is a modern Godrej padlock.
    Quite nice with a number of functions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails godrej-2 keys-1a.JPG   godrej-2 keys-1b.JPG   godrej-2 keys-1c.JPG   godrej-2 keys-1d.JPG   godrej-2 keys-1e.JPG  

Default the ever popular Yale Bicentric

I have seen a lot of the larger example but very few of the smaller padlock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yale-bicentric-L&S.JPG   yale-bicentric-L&S-large.JPG   yale-bicentric-L&S-small.JPG  

Thread Information