Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Chubb Sales News

This is the first, second and third issues, interestingly undated, anybody hazard a guess based on the contents...
    Attached Files Attached Files

The commerce Eurosafe and pre-phoneday telephone numbers point towards early 90's ?

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Possibly even earlier, the second issue mentions Steven Cox being in financial difficulty which I know from discussions with safeman was around 1982, and the typewriter print looks to be about right for then.

I am continuously amazed at the collective knowledge here at AL. All the knowledge snippets or small grains of sand combining. This is industrial archeology at its best. Thanks to Oldlock and Huw.

I have added the third issue to the first post. Interestingly there doesn't seem to be any more issued with the author moving on to another position within Chubb - unless anybody knows different...

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Possibly even earlier, the second issue mentions Steven Cox being in financial difficulty which I know from discussions with safeman was around 1982, and the typewriter print looks to be about right for then.
    I attach a copy of the J W Levy & Sons Safe Ratings table for 1985 which shows for the first time
    the Chubb Eurosafe replacing the Renown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safe Rating List 1985.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	16837 This was the last year of publication as it was becoming litigious.

I have a listing for a D 1985 serial number for the Eurosafe (what they called the Commerce Eurosafe for ID purposes originally), but I do have safes with the previous numbering system, earliest I have being RZ2 736841, so agree 1985 or just a touch before

Thread Information