Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Canteen style story padlock (Ebay)

It took me a long time to decide to put this up for sale.. 22 people are currently watching it at the moment...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3DSelling

Default Re: Canteen style story padlock (Ebay)

Well it didn't sell, no big deal... Had 30 people watching it ond only 1 bid but didn't meet my reserve... I'll put it on 1 more time and see if anything happens......

Erik, Maybe you should start the opening bid out lower, like $50.00 and still keep your reserve where it's at. Alot of times buyers are scared off by the high starting price, but will bid way over it in the heat of a auction. Remember it takes at least two bidders to to get a item really moving.I'll bet there was more than one person who was watching who would have bid on it. Good luck, and I really do hope you can get it sold for what you want. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

I would agree with what old biscuit says. Also the price you have in mind is based on a valuation for another lock - did that lock have it's key etc ?

A key makes a huge difference to the value of a lock. And the internal condition / history of the lock is another major factor.

Very good advice, guys... Thank you, I am new to ebay... The lack of experience deff shows, I'm going to see if I can edit it after this...

Erik, Whats the latest on your Canteen Padlock? Did you sell it yet? or are you going to keep it and use it as the "Base" of your new hobby, Padlock Collecting ?? If you do decide to sell it and your not in a pinch for the money right now, you might think about waiting untill this fall / winter. It seems that a lot of buyers don't buy during the summer months, thus most sellers have the good high priced valuable stuff listed in the fall / winter. Keep in touch, Mark 8)
    Mark A. Billesbach

No, it didn't sell, Mark.. Not a big deal I don't need the money that bad so it is the base for my new hobby.. I have hit a few antique stores in the past weeks only to find nada.. I have seen a few more in my travels for work just have to check them out.. Later for now guys.......

Eric

Thread Information