Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Milner Safe. serial number is Q5264. Looking Information

Hi. We have an old Milner Safe. I was looking to find out its age, possible sale value and best place to sell. It is 64cm high, 48cm wide and 48.5cm deep. It is in full working order with two keys. It has some wear marks.

I think the serial number is Q5264. This number is in the centre above the door. On the right hand side of the top along from this centre number it has another number 626. I have attached some photos. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6818.JPG   IMG_6819.JPG   IMG_6816.JPG   IMG_6817.JPG  

Hello Mops and welcome, the 'Q' prefix relates to the year 1905, with regards to value, unfortunately the market is pretty much flooded with similar safes, so although it's old enough to be a genuine antique and has a bit of old character the prices and values unfortunately aren't very high.

If you search eBay there are usually similar safes listed to give you an idea. Don't be mis-guided by the over inflated Buy-It-Now prices you might see, instead click on "completed listings" and "sold" for a realistic guide to actual prices reached. Good Luck, your safe is in original livery which should hopefully appeal more to potential buyers than the many 'over restored' examples that are usually out there. If it has any sentimental value attached then it's worth keeping and enjoying it just as it is.

thank you so much, that's very helpful!

Thread Information