Hi,

I have this lock, but don't know much about it. I would like to know what it was originally used for, where it came from, how it can be used again, and what the value of it might be.

It has 3 alphabet dials, and one key. The key looks like a knob. The lock sits in a case and looks like it can be mounted. In between the device and its case was a metal plate. The plate says manufactured by SABENA. My understanding is that SABENA was Belgium airline that closed in 2001. It also says Serial N is B747-2. We received this item along with other items of a B747. So I'm curious if this lock was used by the airline or in an airplane. The date listed is Oct. 84. The P/N is 1-10569, though I have not been able to find anything about that. I do not know what the information on the right side of the plate communicates.

If anyone has any insight as to what this lock was used for, I would love to know. The closest thing I could find to it was found on a website about Antique Swiss Bank Safe Deposit Box Combination Lock.

Would this lock be able to be used for something again? What would it work best for?

Though I'm so curious about the functionality and being able to include it in our lives somewhere, I'm also curious of its value. The lock intrigues me, but if it has worth I'd be willing to part with it as well.

Thank you for any information you give, or any helpful direction you can point me in.