Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help identifying a large padlock.

This large round padlock is 6 1/4" X 3 1/4 inches. The back is blank and only has a logo on front and a stamp that says 41 X 2. They key for it is an aftermarket key. Any help identifying or value would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4046126473.JPG   4046126474.jpg  

I was thinking just maybe Yale padlock as it look close to most of the padlock they have. The only thing differ is the key doesn't match the Yale key blank. It could be from Yale make these padlock for hardware store in there logo name. This is just a guess....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I was thinking just maybe Yale padlock as it look close to most of the padlock they have. The only thing differ is the key doesn't match the Yale key blank. It could be from Yale make these padlock for hardware store in there logo name. This is just a guess....Timothy.....
    Yale did make a very similar looking padlock, but as far as I know the largest was No. 326 which was 2-1/4" in size. This was malleable iron with warded mechanism with 6 key changes called "Hermetic" model. See thumbnail image from 1929 Yale catalog.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yale326padlock.jpg  

Default Can't seem to find a key blank for this lock.

The
    key that was made for this lock was flat. The original key was not as it was raised. Nobody seems to have a key blank for this lock

This one is driving me crazy, I know I've seen this logo before and I'm pretty sure it is an artsy rendering of the letters in either the company name or the lock name - perhaps of the letters H, I, C and or D. I may be totally off base about this too, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to lie awake in bed tonight trying to figure it out. This really bugs me because I know that I not only saw a similar lock but there was a paragraph of text explaining the logo.

HID maybe???

Don't feel so bad you are not the only one. I too have see it but trying to find out what the letter mean and still looking. This is why that it could be for some name for hardware store or some other company. Hoping maybe some where along here they will know...Timothy...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Don't feel so bad you are not the only one. I too have see it but trying to find out what the letter mean and still looking. This is why that it could be for some name for hardware store or some other company. Hoping maybe some where along here they will know...Timothy...
    That would be nice.

Default Unsolved Mystery

Maybe Yale, maybe not. Could be one of a kind!

Default Bump

Bumpit

Thread Information