Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Need help/ information about Pauly jail building Co lock.

To all,
    Im going to start this by thanking all of you in advance. I recently acquired two large lots of antique prison/jail locks and keys. Ive been able to find and research most of the locks and keys, however this Pauly jail lock has me stumped. The lock measures 10 inches wide by 8 inches high with a depth of 1 3/4 inches. Its only mark on the outside is the Pauly jail building Co St Louis logo on the end of the bolt. Inside the lock there is a larger mark that reads "325 M". I would like to find out what model lock this is, how old it is and what its monetary value is? Thank you again.
    Nathan F
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1101160854.jpg   1101160854a.jpg   1101160855.jpg   1101160856.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by NathanF1981 View Post
    To all,
    Im going to start this by thanking all of you in advance. I recently acquired two large lots of antique prison/jail locks and keys. Ive been able to find and research most of the locks and keys, however this Pauly jail lock has me stumped. The lock measures 10 inches wide by 8 inches high with a depth of 1 3/4 inches. Its only mark on the outside is the Pauly jail building Co St Louis logo on the end of the bolt. Inside the lock there is a larger mark that reads "325 M". I would like to find out what model lock this is, how old it is and what its monetary value is? Thank you again.
    Nathan F
    This link from the archives is about a similar lock and the manufacturer if that helps any:
    http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...-Pauly-Jail-Co

Pete Schifferli

More...

The successor company is apparently still in business:
    http://www.paulyjail.com/about/history.html

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information