Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Antique SnG Automatic Combination Lock for sale

Hey! I'm a safe-tech up in Canada and I got my hands on a beautiful Sargent And Greenleaf Automatic Combination lock. It's mounted Center Indirect Drive with an UpperExtension type bolt.
    Everything is BRASS, you can see the engravings on the wheel but it's been tarnished with time.
    The only missing part is the key-lock on the back-cover.

Everything is matching numbers, every little washer down to the gears in the back. ( #227 )
    Weight : 15.2 lbs

From the engraving and embellishing techniques, I'd have to guess that lock is very, very old.

I'm open to any offers and I also take any requests, either to clean it or modify it for any special needs.

Thanks!
    JC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20161009_130341.jpg   IMG_20161009_130403.jpg  

FYI - It's not an early one has it does not have the high degree of internal decoration.

Also - do you have the dial, ring and spindle - the presence (or absence) of those makes a big difference to the value.

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, the corresponding Dial, ring and spindle are missing :(

Would you have a rough idea of how much this could be worth as is?

I think I do have another one, with much more details AND the ring,dial and spindle. One made of cast iron as well of the same model
    Any clue of the average prices these things are worth?

Thanks!

As to value in todays economy I really don't know.

Some years ago I paid around $1,000 for a nice, highly decorated early one complete with the original dial / ring & spindle.

Default Dial, Ring and Spindle found!!

Hey there! I found the orignial Dial Ring and Spindle!
    Unfortunately, the center cap of the dial was a little damage during removal :(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20161016_151804.jpg   IMG_20161016_151838.jpg  

Thread Information