Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sesamee Combination Padlock

Here is Sesamee Combination Padlock has for for a long time. Don't see too many of these around. Don't know of year it made but could be in the 1900....Timothy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sesamee Padlock A.jpeg   Sesamee Padlock B.jpeg   Sesamee Padlock C.jpeg   Sesamee Padlock D.jpeg   Sesamee Padlock E.jpeg  

Sesamee Padlock F.jpeg   Sesamee Padlock G.jpeg  

Timothy,
    What are the patent numbers or dates on the back?
    That might help date that model. There is some glare and I can't see what is stamped there.
    Fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Here is Sesamee Combination Padlock has for for a long time. Don't see too many of these around. Don't know of year it made but could be in the 1900....Timothy
    The Sesamee keyless padlocks were originally made by Bemis & Call Co., of Springfield, MA. In 1946 the line was acquired by Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. , New Britain, CT. They are still offered by the sucessor company, CCL Security Products Co. of Wheeling, IL.*

*adapted from Early Locks and Lockmakers of America, Rev. 3rd Ed., pg. 39 by Thomas F. Hennessy

Pete Schifferli

Fritz there is no other stamp number on this padlock. Only the word Sesamee are stamp on it. I have trying to look into patent number for this padlock as I don't think there may not be one. Yes they do have other patent number for other Sesamee padlock as not the same as the one I have. As Pete got a good examlpe of what is may be it. I do know as there are other company that made padlock call Sesamee before Corbin Company took over the name....Timothy

Well i was looking into eBay as first time seeing this one as same as my. It does has patent number on it as my didn't here picture of lock as I was trying to read some of the number. As price bit it $32.00...Timothy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VINTAGE SESAMEE COMBINATION FLIP TWIST LEVER PADLOCK ANTIQUE LOCK WITH COMBO ($32.00) 1.jpg   VINTAGE SESAMEE COMBINATION FLIP TWIST LEVER PADLOCK ANTIQUE LOCK WITH COMBO ($32.00) 3.jpg   VINTAGE SESAMEE COMBINATION FLIP TWIST LEVER PADLOCK ANTIQUE LOCK WITH COMBO ($32.00) 2.jpg   VINTAGE SESAMEE COMBINATION FLIP TWIST LEVER PADLOCK ANTIQUE LOCK WITH COMBO ($32.00) 4.jpg  

There are many web sites that allow you to look up patents. One is Google (patents.google.com), another is the official web site http://patft.uspto.gov/. These can give insight into how the lock is constructed and what specific features may be hidden inside.

Wylk
    Has been looking for patent number for this lock and still has not found to much. It going to take time for me to do this.....Thank....Timothy..

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Wylk
    Has been looking for patent number for this lock and still has not found to much. It going to take time for me to do this.....Thank....Timothy..
    According to the first Reissue patent noted on the back of that lock, RE16822, it was originally filed October 27, 1924 and issued December 20, 1927. Interestingly, it was assigned to the Sesame Company of Hartford, Ct. by the inventor who was from Savanah, GA., Mr. M. Wildrick.

Reissued patents typically do not mention the original issued patent, so this reissue is based upon the first issue which was earlier than 1924.
    BBE.

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    Reissued patents typically do not mention the original issued patent, so this reissue is based upon the first issue which was earlier than 1924.
    The reissue in this case mentions the original which was 1,579,046 granted March 30, 1926.

Interesting information BBE thanks for sharing!

I have never seen this type os Sesamee padlock and always thought that Corbin invented it in the past. Interesting to finally know who really invented it.

Now I just need one for my collection

Thread Information