Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Diebold Floor Safe May 23 1871. Is This An Eagle Model Lock?

So I have a Diebold floor safe which has an outer door with a Diebold 3-wheel lock May 23 1871 on it, and has an intricate inner door with pretty much the exact same lock except it's lock body is brass and has a 4-wheel pack. Uploaded many pictures, had a couple hundred people view them, but barely any replies that helped identify the model/style of lock.

Well here are the pics of my Diebold 1871 locks and then a picture I found in a msn image search of what shows a schematic out of an old book/binder of my locks and calling it an Eagle no.161 lock but I believe the 161 is just a page number and has nothing to do with the model/style of lock.

So is this Diebold lock an Eagle model/style? Looking at the schematic, either it is an Eagle or very close to it or I'm mistaking something

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diebold Lock  A (model Eagle 161).jpg   Diebold Lock  B (model Eagle 161).jpg   DieBold (Pic 1).jpg   DieBold (Pic 2).jpg   DieBold (Pic 12).jpg  

DieBold (Pic 15).jpg   DieBold (Pic 9).jpg   DieBold (Pic 16).jpg   DieBold (Pic 18).jpg   DieBold (Pic 20).jpg  

Thread Information