Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Help identifying a padlock. Only info appearing is the number 17.

Hi members,

I am looking to identify a padlock. It is on the large side - 4" high and 2 11/16" wide. It is heavy at 2 pounds 4.7 ounces. It has an aged patina of dark brown and is ferrous. Also, if someone has a lock like this with a key, I would appreciate a pic of the key to see if I already have one in my key stash.

I am attaching photos and will appreciate any information available including sale value.

Thank you all for your assistance.
    WVshutterbug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07-17-16-002 (Medium).JPG   07-17-16-001 (Medium).JPG   07-17-16-003 (Medium).JPG   07-17-16-004 (Medium).JPG  

It's a Scandinavian padlock, if you search 'Scandinavian' in the top right hand side search box, it'll show previous posts with similar padlocks and keys for reference. The keys are very distinctive in appearance- you'd more than likely recognise it if you found it.

Default Help identifying a padlock.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    It's a Scandinavian padlock, if you search 'Scandinavian' in the top right hand side search box, it'll show previous posts with similar padlocks and keys for reference. The keys are very distinctive in appearance- you'd more than likely recognise it if you found it.
    Thanks SO much. I will do that NOW.

Default Help identifying a padlock. Only info appearing is the number 17.

Your lock has a stamp number 17 on bottom as most key that come with the lock will have stamp number 17 on it....Timothy......

Default Scandi lock # 17

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Your lock has a stamp number 17 on bottom as most key that come with the lock will have stamp number 17 on it....Timothy......
    Thank you so much Timothy for this wonderful information. It is my today's plan to see if I have a key to fit, so you are most timely.
    WV shutterbug

Thread Information