Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Mosler file room storage door lock help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	15954
    I got this door a few years ago just before they cut it out with torches. Finally got it installed in my house only to discover that the wheel pack is mia. Anybody have any clues about it? Maybe a model number or somewhere that may have the parts I need. I've stumped at least 3 local locksmiths already. Thanks

Views:	20 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	15955

Views:	26 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	15956

I'd suggest contacting a safe/vault technician. For example, try http://savta.org and click on "Safe Tech Search".

I *think* that might be a Mosler CD-120 lock but I am not an expert. Looking at the paint, you might want to look for a replacement dial and ring as well!

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    I'd suggest contacting a safe/vault technician. For example, try http://savta.org and click on "Safe Tech Search".

I *think* that might be a Mosler CD-120 lock but I am not an expert. Looking at the paint, you might want to look for a replacement dial and ring as well!
    It's got 5 layers of paint on it! I'll gladly replace the whole thing as soon as I can find one but would be happy with the parts to make mine work. Thanks I'll check out that site

Default Records door

The lock is a Mosler B101. I have a wheel pack for this lock if your in need.

DH

Quote Originally Posted by David Hovey View Post

DH
    Thank you!! I actually ordered a piece last night hoping that it is correct. They knew very little about it but it looks like it will fit in the pictures. If it's not the right one I'll definitely be in contact!

Default Record door

Is the door in good condition? The condition I'm talking about is the inside and the fire proofing, is it cracked or loose . Is the bed pan were the lock mount still welded to the frame work of the door?
    To test this door, open the door and frame into a V so that it is free standing. Take the top edge of the door and wiggle it. look at the lock area and the fire proofing to see if any of it is loose or broken away from the bed pan. Any questions on installing or testing you can PM . Thanks TJ

Quote Originally Posted by medeco View Post
    Is the door in good condition? The condition I'm talking about is the inside and the fire proofing, is it cracked or loose . Is the bed pan were the lock mount still welded to the frame work of the door?
    To test this door, open the door and frame into a V so that it is free standing. Take the top edge of the door and wiggle it. look at the lock area and the fire proofing to see if any of it is loose or broken away from the bed pan. Any questions on installing or testing you can PM . Thanks TJ
    I think it's in pretty good shape. I actually had the door split apart and everything looked pretty good except for the missing pieces

Quote Originally Posted by David Hovey View Post

DH
    Looks like I may be in need after all! Private message sent

Thread Information