Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    That mint cotterill wilsons patent padlock shown above is in Melbourne, Australia.

The first lock you showed is beautiful, Saijinte!

...Mark
    Any chance of any better pictures ? If you have access to it or know where it is ? (anyone I know ?)

I know where it is, and can get some more pictures of it, but I only have the camera in my iPhone 5, so I don't know if they'll be any better than the pictures available here, which come from the original ebay listing : restraintsblog.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Cotterill?m=0

It's possible that I may be able to borrow a high quality camera to photograph it, but given the existence of the photos I linked above, do you think it's worth it? If it is, I'm happy to get it done.

According to www.antiquesnavigator.com, it fetched a price higher than any padlock sold before or since on ebay! (See www.antiquesnavigator.com/padlocks-price-guide/antique-padlocks-price-guide-1-SoldPriceDesc.html)

...Mark

The second link in the post above should be http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/ant...ice-guide.html

...Mark

Thread Information