Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Need to find a key for Eagle Lock that has a code 6Z8 on it

Hi All

I recently purchased an old wood filing cabinet with an old Eagle lock. The code on the lock is 6Z8 and I am trying to find the key that will fit it. Anyone know if the code on the lock is the same for the key? If so, I have tried ebay with no luck so far, do you know where I could find a key or have one made? Thanks for your help.

You are not going to find very many code for Eagle lock. The best way to go it post a picture of lock and the keyway. I'm sure someone will tell you what blank to use....Timothy....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC2 View Post
    Hi All

I recently purchased an old wood filing cabinet with an old Eagle lock. The code on the lock is 6Z8 and I am trying to find the key that will fit it. Anyone know if the code on the lock is the same for the key? If so, I have tried ebay with no luck so far, do you know where I could find a key or have one made? Thanks for your help.
    I found a 628 code for an old Eagle file cabinet lock, cuts on Ilco 1014/EA1 blank which may need to be shortened.

Pete Schifferli

Pete
    Mark has code for 6z8 and this is why I don't think we may find that code."BUT" as you found code 628 maybe that should be the code as "Z" look like the "2".....Timothy.....

Default 6z8

The lock is a cabinet that 2 1/4 wide, 13/4 tall with a cylinder that goes through the wood to the. I have attached pictures from the lock. It looks to be a flat key. There is a latch that is on top and when moved up, it drops the lever to lock the bottom drawer. The large pic has the lock code on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0543.JPG   IMG_0541.JPG   IMG_0539.JPG  

Default Front lock image

Clearer pic of the front of the locks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0546.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC2 View Post
    Clearer pic of the front of the locks
    Any competent locksmith can fit a key to your lock.

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information