Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Question Help dating FRAIM markings on locks and keys

I am trying to find approximate dates for when the Fraim Company used the markings it stamped on locks and keys. I have the order in which they were used, but not a time frame:

ET FRAIM & CO.
    FRAIM in keystone logo
    FRAIM inside a banner / bowtie
    FRAIM lettering in an arc
    FRAIM lettering in a straight line

I don't need exact years, just an approximate time period, to help date several padlocks and keys.

I have been able to find company history, i.e., the men involved and important dates for the company -- but not for the markings/logos they used.

Thanks in advance for any assistance !

Default Help dating FRAIM markings on locks and keys

"IF" you have padlock of what you are talking about maybe picture would help out more.....Timothy......

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    I am trying to find approximate dates for when the Fraim Company used the markings it stamped on locks and keys. I have the order in which they were used, but not a time frame:

ET FRAIM & CO.
    FRAIM in keystone logo
    FRAIM inside a banner / bowtie
    FRAIM lettering in an arc
    FRAIM lettering in a straight line

I don't need exact years, just an approximate time period, to help date several padlocks and keys.

I have been able to find company history, i.e., the men involved and important dates for the company -- but not for the markings/logos they used.

Thanks in advance for any assistance !
    Perhaps this item from LancasterHistory.org would be of help if you could access it:
    http://www.lancasterhistory.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3170& catid=37&Itemid=57

Pete Schifferli

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    Perhaps this item from LancasterHistory.org would be of help if you could access it:
    http://www.lancasterhistory.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3170& catid=37&Itemid=57
    Pete Schifferli
    Thank you for the suggestion but I already tried there - it's a terrific site, but what I was able to locate was very general, and information I already had essentially about the family and an overview of the business. Maybe I missed it but I could not find any suggestions as to time frames on when different logos were used. I was hoping someone who has Fraim as a priority interest might have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    "IF" you have padlock of what you are talking about maybe picture would help out more.....Timothy......
    Here is the logo I am specifically interested in -- the one with the word FRAIM inside a "banner" or "bowtie" shape. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-fraimlogo.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	15862 The other logos were simply the word FRAIM .

Thank you,
    Jane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-fraimlogo.jpg  

Google Images came up with a better-looking example, though it does not answer the question of "when".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fraim-vintage-warded-padlock-lock-26-8d95b6ba957099f5a1131a43aac24e90.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	15863

Thread Information