Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Large Corbin Padlock

I'm a new member. I collect vintage tools and sometimes run across some very nice locks. I live about twenty minutes from New Britain
    so I am always running into stuff from Stanley works, Corbin, Pratt and Whitney etc at pawn shops and garage sales. My brother and I recently found this really nice Corbin padlock in a barn sale. I found the lock first and with some more digging through the box, I found the keys. Can anybody give me some info on it? What were the years it was produced, etc. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lock2.jpg   lock1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tmcmellon View Post
    I'm a new member. I collect vintage tools and sometimes run across some very nice locks. I live about twenty minutes from New Britain
    so I am always running into stuff from Stanley works, Corbin, Pratt and Whitney etc at pawn shops and garage sales. My brother and I recently found this really nice Corbin padlock in a barn sale. I found the lock first and with some more digging through the box, I found the keys. Can anybody give me some info on it? What were the years it was produced, etc. Thanks.
    I found a very similar model, No. 2975 in the Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. catalog no. 38, dated 1928. The 2975 is 2-1/4" wide while yours is larger at 3-1/4". I'm guessing that yours is from the same era or earlier. The hand peened appearance of the shackle rivet suggests that yours may have been repaired. Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. was sold in 1987 but the successor company, CCL Security Products is still in business in Wheeling, IL. See thumbnail attached, click to enlarge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCLcat1928pg61.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	15846
    Pete Schifferli

Thread Information