Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default SARGENT & GREENLEAF VINTAGE 1976 MODEL 826C HI SECURITY MIL PADLOCK w/2 KEYS

I searched but found no earlier postings for this lock.

I had it listed on eBay but for some reason my listings occasionally vanish. So here goes again. Listing # 252432464398. It comes with 2 keys which are slightly different from each other. I believe one is for unlocking the Medeco mechanism in the lock.

Jack

Default eBay listing update

My wife kindly used her smart phone with camera to take excellent pix of the lock & keys. These have been uploaded to the eBay listing.

Jack

I can't find it using that item number. Can you post a proper link?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Al View Post
    I can't find it using that item number. Can you post a proper link?
    That was the correct listing number, so you should be able to find it using Search > Advanced > Item Number on eBay. Here is the link URL I get:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/252432464398...84.m1558.l2649

BTW, I don't ship hardware outside the U.S.

Jack

Thank you, I'm aware of how to find items on eBay from the number, but I find a link much more convenient anyway.

Rest set assured that I'm interested in locks, whether I have an intention to purchase or not. I had an interest in viewing this one but no intent to purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sullivan View Post

I had it listed on eBay but for some reason my listings occasionally vanish. So here goes again. Listing # 252432464398. It comes with 2 keys which are slightly different from each other. I believe one is for unlocking the Medeco mechanism in the lock.

Jack
    I tested both keys. One unlocks (opens) the shackle. The other both unlocks the shackle & allows it to be removed completely from the lock barrel. From this I would assume that these are both the proper keys for his lock.

FWIW, I tried twice to upload my pix but was unable to do so, getting error messages both times.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Al View Post
    Thanks but after repeated tries I still get 'The website cannot display the page.' These are jpeg images in my computer that uploaded to eBay with no problem. If you want to look at my pix of this lock you can use the eBay link I posted earlier. But thanks for the continuing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sullivan View Post

Jack
    I notice some confusion in this thread and just wanted to clarify some things.

1. The 826 models were unshrouded
    2. An operating key appeared the same as a standard Medeco 6 pin key.
    3. The Control key had the bottom shoulder removed and the top shoulder shortened to allow it to turn CCW so the shackle, slide, bolt and cylinder could be removed to effect rekeying.

The selling price surprises me because those models were surplussed out a few years ago. Six or seven years ago you could buy them and the 832 models for around $10-20 each. I guess they must be rare again.
    BBE.

Thread Information