Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Need help identifying old padlock

I posted the following on another site and it was suggested that I try here so here goes

Hi,
    I am new to this forum, and have been lurking for a few months now and getting a lot of good info.
    I have had an interest in locks for some time and have amassed quite a few old and newer ones including an Empire 6 lever pancake lock with no key, a couple of Yale 805F with keys and one with no key that I have picked, an assortment of master locks, and American No 40, plus many others.
    I have also made about a dozen picks and a number of torsion wrenches and am working on becoming more efficient at picking but need a lot more practice.
    I asked a few friends if they have any old locks lying around that I could have and one that turned up looks quite interesting to me. I have tried to find out something about it, it is British made and has registration number that places it at about 1932 There is also another number just below this but no manufacturer’s name. I’m hoping that someone here can shed more light on this lock. I am going to try to add photos.
    Thanks.

Someone pointed me to the following lock on eBay but I don’t think that it is a German padlock as there is a British Registration number on the lock along with another British number which I’m not sure what it is.

Vintage German Padlock Lock Brand BURG
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/131816673544

Any and all help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unknown lock front closeup.jpg   unknown lock front.jpg   unknown lock back.jpg   unknown lock reg No.jpg  

Does anyone have any idea what that second number represents?
    Patent # ?

Thread Information