Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Post Anique padlocks jacksons launceston

I'm hoping someone can help me with any information about these padlocks other than the obvious. They belonged to my uncle who recently passed. My dad has the job or organising his belongings and these items will be sold. I want to make sure no one rips him off so I told him I would try and get some information for him.

thanks Lindal

Post The photo for the post below

please see the post below 😩 I forgot the attachments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Default Anique padlocks jacksons launceston

Not sure but may check this out < http://www.jacksonslocks.com.au/history.html > ....Timothy.....

Having never heard the name and being a bit suspicious I too googled and found the link Timothy has posted.

Interesting to see they are still going with quite an established history, which if I hadn't discovered TBH, I'd suspect a few of those padlocks you've posted to be classic Indian Aligarh rubbish- they certainly look to be. Assuming their older locks aren't at the value level that they are likely to be faked, then hopefully that will not be the case!

Lindal- had you tried contacting the company?
    You asked for 'information other than the obvious', as you worded it, but you didn't say how much you'd already researched or found out about them.

Default Anique padlocks jacksons launceston

Max
    You has good point as I think it more like a fake padlock. I don't know to much about how Jackson Launceston padlock look like in England.....Timothy....

Hi Lindal,

The padlocks with a crescent shaped "Jacksons" and straight "Launceston"' "Wormald", or number of levers look authentic.
    I've never seen the larger padlocks with the truncated "L'TON" before.
    Newer models are always linished top to bottom, with a square edge all around.
    If you post more detailed pics, we could be more specific with identifying them.
    Also... Who polished them?

Mickthepick

Thread Information