Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    At whom were such concrete encased coffers aimed? It seems a big unit for such a tiny amount of internal space.

Did they have any anti explosive protection?
    1- buyers with big rooms and plenty of space but only small items to keep in it?
    2- yes.

It just seems an odd way of doing things. Were they cheaper than a small safe of equivalent cash coverage?

Could they be base anchored? I was always told, and I think it is fairly commonly held, that any high grade safe weighing less than a ton should be base anchored.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    It just seems an odd way of doing things. Were they cheaper than a small safe of equivalent cash coverage?

Could they be base anchored? I was always told, and I think it is fairly commonly held, that any high grade safe weighing less than a ton should be base anchored.
    1- probably, yes
    2- yes
    3- yes

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post

Keep looking everywhere, that's all you can do really. I wanted a Castelle for my home safe and despite 25 years in the trade and eyes peeled up and down the country we never found one!
    The Castelle is perhaps the hardest of all, as owners always seem to consider them keepers and rarely let them go.

I will also keep a lookout and let you know if one pops up for sale in the uk. Hope this helps and good luck!
    One on ebay right now :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chubb-Heav...4AAOSwEzxYODZJ

Thread Information