I had a meeting with my financial guy in his new location. He and his partner just moved into an old historic building that they totally remodeled. In the basement was an old Mosler safe which they moved to the lobby. Of coarse it doesn't open. Here is the scenario.

It was drilled at one time and the holes (3) filled. The dial can be pulled out with the spindle so there is no wheel pack or rear cover on the lock. I assume the safe was decommissioned. The handle, which only points down, will turn about 50% or to the 7:30 position. It will first resist turning, then with more effort will will snap and turn but only half way. Of coarse the door bolts are still partially engaged but you can rock the door slightly with the bolts retracted that much.

The two Moslers I have are screw door bank safes that do not have bolt work, the locks secure directly to the case, so I don't have one like this to take a look at. I have no idea if the lock lever and bolt are still in place and could be hanging up (my guess) or if the issue is with the door bolt work. If it was here at home I would have the safe on it's side and upside down to see if gravity is hanging up a loose part. Any suggestions? I am guessing this was a standard lock for Mosler of the time. Anyone have any pictures of a similar lock and how it connects to the door bolt work? Thanks in advance.

This is the Mosler.

2wd1vyo 1