Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what do i have ?

Hi guys I am new to the site just joined. I need help with a lock that I got at a flea market today- It is a RR switch type lock with a 12 inch spike chain made by SLAYMAKER with a very well worn deep stamped BOHANNON key and the shackle and key are stamped- R D G C O S W - and on the rear of shackle 4 1955. what do I have? is it a RR lock or what is it ? if a RR lock what RR Is It ? any and all help would be greatly appreciated. in what price range is I ? thanks, toot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07316.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	15533 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07317.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	15534 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07318.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	15535
    Last edited by Brian Morland; 27-04-16 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Pictures added

Default what do i have

I don't know how to put up pictures of it. as I said I am a first time poster. I will try. I thought my description of it and markings that I described would be sufficient to tell what it was. thanks.

Yes, pictures please toot. Too many variables missing for any thoughts of value, and a picture is well worth those thousand words. If sending by email is your only option, let us know, I or others will help.
    I don't know if it is railroad, Slaymaker lock and Bohannan key both marked the same. I'm no expert on RR locks, but if one did have locks made from both companies I think someone would have recognized it.

toot, send your pictures directly to me by normal email and I will add them to your post for you...

use email address in the page header.

Default what do i have?

I sent pictures of the lock to Brian, team leader. he was going to post them for me be cause I cannot.

ReaDinG CO. SWitch (Reading Railroad switch lock)

Price is only what a paticular person will pay on a paticular day for a paticular item. Sadly the prices across the board for railroad collectibles have plumeted in many aspects. I think you're describing a lock I bought several years ago at a show for $30USD. It did not have a key. A picture would confirm my guess.

Default what do i have?

Quote Originally Posted by peerless View Post
    ReaDinG CO. SWitch (Reading Railroad switch lock)

Price is only what a paticular person will pay on a paticular day for a paticular item. Sadly the prices across the board for railroad collectibles have plumeted in many aspects. I think you're describing a lock I bought several years ago at a show for $30USD. It did not have a key. A picture would confirm my guess.
    p

peerless, hank you for the come back. my computer will not let me post pictures. so I sent them to Brian and he was going to post them for me. again I thank you. toot.

Pictures added to first post...

Default pictures, what do i have?

Brian, cant thank you enough for coming through for me, thanks for helping me, toot.

Thread Information