Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Safe Finials or Acorns

I had a couple of requests for finials lately so I figured I might as well put it out there that I can make them. As of right now the plating is up to you to get done, but if I can track down Bobs old plating company maybe I can have them complete. I'm starting to make drawings of the ones I do as I go and try to track which ones go to which maker and style, or era of safe. I have a lot of finial samples so many times I probably would not need a sample from your safe. I probably have 40 or 50 samples already. I will attach pics of some Cary finials I just made recently and some random other pics of stuff in my collection that I have either acquired recently or don't think I have posted up here before. I can also make other hard to find parts. One of the pics will show a couple samples of Victor Cannonball handles that I made for myself from a sample Bob loaned me and one of the two I made for him as a thank you for letting me borrow his with engraving I did as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1772.jpg   IMG_1790.jpg   IMG_1791.jpg  

Default Some more stuff

Here are a few more pics of stuff I don't think I posted up here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1777.JPG   IMG_1783.JPG   IMG_1784.JPG   IMG_1785.JPG   IMG_1786.JPG  

Default victor safe finial

Hi,
    I am thinking of a purchasing a Victor cannonball safe but has the finial on the lower right hinge. I think your finial will work. Can you let me know?
    Do you have a price list for it?
    Thanks

Default Safe Finials - I am interested

jacobrules - Good afternoon. I am working on restoring a couple old safes (an Alpine and a Stiffel & Freeman) and would like to replace the missing finials. Do you still have some available? If so, how much for 8?
    Thank you.

I may be interested in finials. I also need machined parts from time to time. How is best to contact you about prices.

Thread Information