Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I found an old Master lock key, has the lion on one side has the company name and city and country on the other. It is stamped with P310, what does that mean? Thanks.......Ed

I believe the "P" prefix is used on their #7 padlocks and other products that use the same-size lock cylinder. This is the smallest common cylinder that Master uses (excluding things like the luggage locks which I believe are made by other companies and merely branded as Master).

The "310" would be the key code, or more accurately "P310" is the key code.

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    I believe the "P" prefix is used on their #7 padlocks and other products that use the same-size lock cylinder. This is the smallest common cylinder that Master uses (excluding things like the luggage locks which I believe are made by other companies and merely branded as Master).

The "310" would be the key code, or more accurately "P310" is the key code.
    Thank you, Wylk

Default Thanks.......

Thanks........Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edmeyers View Post
    I found an old Master lock key, has the lion on one side has the company name and city and country on the other. It is stamped with P310, what does that mean? Thanks.......Ed
    P310 is the key code for small Master 1-1/8" wide 4-pin padlocks like #7 & #8. Also used on their #90 gun lock. Master key blank #7K, crosses to Ilco 1092B/M2. Locksmiths can use this number to generate keys by code or provide additional locks with the same key. It is a common 'keyed alike' number.

Pete Schifferli

Default More...

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    P310 is the key code for small Master 1-1/8" wide 4-pin padlocks like #7 & #8. Also used on their #90 gun lock. Master key blank #7K, crosses to Ilco 1092B/M2. Locksmiths can use this number to generate keys by code or provide additional locks with the same key. It is a common 'keyed alike' number.

Pete Schifferli
    As far as dating you key, BBE has posted elsewhere in this forum that the 'walking lion' marque was in use from about 1930-1970. US Trademark No. 292,893. http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=0&page=1

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information