Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Yale Combination Lock Missing Part???

I have this Yale Lock as I know there are part missing for it. Does anyone have any information on it..??..Timothy..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yale Safe Lock1.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock2.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock3.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock4.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock5.jpg.jpg  

Yale Safe Lock6.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock7.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock8.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock9.jpg.jpg   Yale Safe Lock10.jpg.jpg  

It seems you are missing the lock mounting plate and indirect gearing which is an integral part of the lock. Those locks were made specifically for Remington Rand fire safes and there were several versions, a couple made by Yale and a couple by S&G. That one is the later Yale version from the post WWII era. Doug

Default Yale Combination Lock Missing Part???

Thank Doug...Hoping if someone has some kind of instructions, manual or even patent number. I have this for a long time took a while getting around to it to get information....Timothy....

Here is a similar S&G version of a late model Victor (same company as RR) to give you an idea of what you are missing and why it is important to the operation of the lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0069.jpg   IMG_0071.jpg  

Default Yale Combination Lock Miisung Part???

Thank Doug...So look like a lot of part missing. I don't think going to find any replace part for it either. Guess just have to keep looking around for it...Thank...Timothy....

Default Yale 073

The model number of your Yale lock assembly is 073. The mounting plate with idler gear will have this number. The combination lock is a Yale B40 with a special milled case for the idler.

DH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 copy.jpg   7 copy.jpg   lock copy.jpg   template copy.jpg  

Default Yale Combination Lock Missung Part???

Look just almost like my. Thank for the picture you send and that will be a big help. The only thing missing it the plate on the back but I'm still looking around to see if it somewhere or lost in trash can....Thank DH....Timothy

Do you still have this lock? I believe this is what I am looking for. Thanks

Thread Information