Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Milners' 212 plates

I have found a pair of Milner 212 plates in my garage. I've seen a couple of safes on this forum that has these plates, will post pictures if need be. I was wondering, are they of any use to anyone? They're in great clean condition.

Default Re: Milners' 212 plates

Hi There

Most of we happy band of safe boffins collect safes & safe plaques. Am I to assume that your 212 plates are of pressed brass, instead of solid cast?
    I'm quite happy to be the next custodian if you just want rid. They'll go to a fantastic home, and be shown on our wall of plates.
    Our humble safe showroom has around 100 plates, together with a small museum section of around 14 old buggers. (Safes).Plus around another 60+ plates ready for show.

For our sins, the Company has traded since 1723, its name changes to Withy Grove in 1850. We are the Leeds site. See my details for address.

The altenative is to sell both on e-bay. There are loads of 212 plates for 99p.

Look forward to your comments.
    Regards
    Russell

ps I am showing 3 pages of differing plates on this site. Have a look then issue comments.

Default Name

Hi Russell, I've just noticed in this post it says withy grove name came into being in 1850 but had been knocking about since 1723. What were the company known as before 1850?

Thread Information