Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Hello from N.Y. an old collector

Hi, I posted a couple of times but never introduced myself. I was a locksmith in the late seventies into the early eighties in the Hudson Valley area of N.Y.. Over the years I have collected many locks primarily padlocks. A few door locks and 2 Wilders Salamander Safes. I will be posting from time to time to seek info on some of my collection and also to share some pictures of what I have and know about.

Hope to spend some quality time here.

Terry

Default Bro. Locksmith from ny

hi, my name is ranger and work in bklyn, lived in rockland now in nj. Hold nyc master locksmith lic and happy to locate u. Have a nice collection of my own......like wilson bohanna originaly bklyn before relocation. Many heart shaped using barrel keys.
    Also same style yale and other rr locks. Adlake is another example. My email 1singapore@msn.com
    nice to meet u.....ranger

wellcome to the forum

Hi guys, sorry for the absence but had an unexpected eye surgery and now just getting back to catching up for the past three weeks. All is ok and getting better. So hopefully in the next week or so I'll get back to my activity here.

I never got any master locksmith certifications but after six years as a Locksmith I went into the electronic security service. I am a license NYS Alarm license holder and retired IBEW member. Mostly involved in industrial systems integration. Many years of card access, CCTV, alarm systems and control center builds.

I never lost my love of antique locks and locksmithing. I still have all my equipment and have done some service work over the years just not full time. I was on call 24/7 365 for the commercial work and did not leave a lot of local service time.

I have many locks and will periodically post them here for all to see and comment on.

Terry

Thread Information