Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Eagle safe key

Question Eagle safe key

Ok, so I'm a newbie. Hope I do this posting correctly. I just inherited a rather old safe approx 2' x 2' x 1'. It is locked with an Eagle key #A35SGX1380. I would love to get a spare; If I had a blank or a similar key, I could probably make one (or have one made). Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails safe key_1.jpg   safe key.jpg  

I would think many lockshops that have safe deposit keys would be able to help you. Older shops are the better chance of having it. Being we don't know where you are that is about all I can say. I would suggest un-mounting the lock of the few screws holding it in and take it with you so you can try the key right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Nickel View Post
    I would think many lockshops that have safe deposit keys would be able to help you. Older shops are the better chance of having it. Being we don't know where you are that is about all I can say. I would suggest un-mounting the lock of the few screws holding it in and take it with you so you can try the key right there.
    Thank-you Dean, I'm in Connecticut, Torrington area. I can check a couple of lock shops in the area

Default Eagle key blank

If you haven't been successful I have those blanks.

Hi David,
    I did get another already cut key with the idea of brazing or silver soldering some of the areas and then re-cutting to my key.
    If you have the blank and can tell me how to purchase, that would be a far sight easier than my current plan
    Thanks,
    Tom

Default Eagle keys

Tom, I got your voice mail. Still looking. I have 100s of boxes of keys and I know I have the blank somewhere. I remember fitting a key to the spring latch lock on a Meilink fire chest. The code on the key looks like the code that was on the back of the lock. My notes indicate the blank was Keil 1052C.

DH

Quote Originally Posted by David Hovey View Post
    Tom, I got your voice mail. Still looking. I have 100s of boxes of keys and I know I have the blank somewhere. I remember fitting a key to the spring latch lock on a Meilink fire chest. The code on the key looks like the code that was on the back of the lock. My notes indicate the blank was Keil 1052C.
    DH
    Keil 1052C crosses to: NR 1 Curtis, 1037CA Old Ilco or 2667PN Graham if that helps any. Unfortunately all are long obsolete.

Pete Schifferli

Thanks, for the added info. I'll keep looking...
    Tom

Thread Information