Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Scam Alert

Default Scam Alert

Passing this along........

"Dear Lock Collector,

Beware... I have confirmed there is a scammer who has accepted money from multiple parties for the same batch of locks (17 in my case), but never delivers! Most of the locks are marked N.Y.N.H. & H.R.R. He has been contacting lock collectors through etsy or lock related websites and offering to sell them the locks privately. After payment is made, he cuts off all communication, and you never receive the locks.

In my case he went by the name Timothy J. McCarthy in Providence, Rhode Island, USA. It is still not determined if the scammer stole this identity or if it is that actual person (I suggest taking it easy on this Timothy until we know if his identity was stolen). Below are some of the locks used in the scam.

Be careful out there, and NEVER pay someone you don't know with the "Friends and Family" option in PayPal, because there will be no means to file a claim with them for undelivered goods.

Scott Caley
    Lancaster Lock Show"

Default Scam Alert

WOW! Thank for head-up. This is why I don't order any lock from E-Bay. I would only buy them from Antique store or Antique show. This way I can have a good look at it to see if good lock and good price.....Timothy.....

Thread Information