Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Antique brass Fichet padlock for sale

purchased in Paris
    includes 3 keys

Hello,
    A picture and a price would help. They made many different types of padlocks.

Default Ok would be happy to

Quote Originally Posted by kwoswalt99 View Post
    Hello,
    A picture and a price would help. They made many different types of padlocks.

I dont know know how to post a photo

it is a rectangular heavy brass padlock
    2" x 1 1/2 " FICHET in big letters on front
    will try to determine how to do attached photo

Default Photo of Fichet lock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	15022

Default Antique brass Fichet padlock for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Parisfinds View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	15022
    I have a painted steel body lock that I got new about 25 years ago. with the same curved keyway. Have had a price of $100.00 on mine for the last 10 years, still have it.
    BBE

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    I have a painted steel body lock that I got new about 25 years ago. with the same curved keyway. Have had a price of $100.00 on mine for the last 10 years, still have it.
    BBE

Unsure sure what this comment means
    if u visit
    "Restraintsblog.com rare-push-key-brass-padlock-Fichet.html"

U will c the same lock
    this lock is much earlier than 35 years

Parisfinds, from what I can see the padlock in the link you suggested included an original Fichet key but still only fetched $152 back in 2009.

Looking at the 3 keys in your picture, they are not keys but un-cut key blanks, which would indicate serious internal problems with your lock if they operate it as shown in the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    Parisfinds, from what I can see the padlock in the link you suggested included an original Fichet key but still only fetched $152 back in 2009.

Looking at the 3 keys in your picture, they are not keys but un-cut key blanks, which would indicate serious internal problems with your lock if they operate it as shown in the pic?
    Two of the keys are imprinted FICHET
    the padlock locks
    when the ( rounded ) key is inserted and pushed it clicks
    then opens
    the keys have cut edges. All cut the same.
    not a lock person ..but the lock works

Quote Originally Posted by Parisfinds View Post
    Two of the keys are imprinted FICHET
    the padlock locks
    when the ( rounded ) key is inserted and pushed it clicks
    then opens
    the keys have cut edges. All cut the same.
    not a lock person ..but the lock works
    Genuine factory issued key-blanks will have Fichet's stamp on them, there is nothing confirmational or unusual in that, but yours are un-cut blanks.

Compare the differences with your 3 keys and the single key shown with the padlock in the Restraintsblog link that you posted.
    Yours are all the same basic shape, ie that of an un-cut blank, and yours don't have any of the end cuts necessary to fit the internal workings of the lock.

The fact that you now confirm your keys fit your lock as they are, confirms my concerns that there are more than likely serious issues with the internal mechanism of your lock.

There wouldn't be any point in any locks and their complexities if they could all be operated and by-passed by uncut blanks.

Default Better photo

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    Genuine factory issued key-blanks will have Fichet's stamp on them, there is nothing confirmational or unusual in that, but yours are un-cut blanks.

Compare the differences with your 3 keys and the single key shown with the padlock in the Restraintsblog link that you posted.
    Yours are all the same basic shape, ie that of an un-cut blank, and yours don't have any of the end cuts necessary to fit the internal workings of the lock.

The fact that you now confirm your keys fit your lock as they are, confirms my concerns that there are more than likely serious issues with the internal mechanism of your lock.

There wouldn't be any point in any locks and their complexities if they could all be operated and by-passed by uncut blanks.

my keys look as if they are cut on the ends..they don't have the bit cut out of the middle though. Perhaps that is what u mean.

wI'll try to post a better photo of the ends of the keys as they appear to be cut in a pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Thread Information