Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default O.M.E. Co. padlock

In the past few years I've been saving all the old locks I find metal detecting and I recently found one that I haven't been able to find a whole lot about, I am curious as to whether or not anyone has ever seen one like this and where and when it was made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails may8.2.JPG  

Default Re: O.M.E. Co. padlock

OMECO was what was ultimately stamped on most locks they produced. That was immediately after the periods were dropped from the stamping. Before the marking on your lock they were marked O.M.Edwards Co. or just Edwards. I have not been able to find out much about them either. Located I think in Pensylvania from some time in the late 1800's until the mid 1900's. They may have been one of the companies bought by the Yale & Towne company during it's acquisition phase.
    BBE.

Default Re: O.M.E. Co. padlock

That is a very nice lock BTW. I shouldn't post so quickly from memory. I went and checked and they weren't in PA. In the picture, the lock at the lower right says Syracuse, NY. These are a few Edwards locks from my collection, I tried to get examples of each different type a few years ago. Don't know why someone put the paintstick on some of them, but it does make them easier to read now with the darkness of the photo. :-)
    BBE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OMECO.JPG  

Default 3 lever lock

I have also found one similar but different with a larger shackle trying to attach pict
    key is marked sears and rivets on one side ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1760.JPG  

Thread Information