Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default American combination padlock

I recently acquired a American Combination padlock made by Junkunc for Schwinn. It has the original box, but no combination. Anyone have the codes for these old padlocks? The serial number is 14663. I'd love to give it as a present to my little brother, but only if I can get it working. Thanks, Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schwinn Combo Lock 001.JPG   Schwinn Combo Lock 002.JPG   Schwinn Combo Lock 003.JPG  
    Mark A. Billesbach

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    I recently acquired a American Combination padlock made by Junkunc for Schwinn. It has the original box, but no combination. Anyone have the codes for these old padlocks? The serial number is 14663. I'd love to give it as a present to my little brother, but only if I can get it working. Thanks, Mark
    Try 20 -35 - 6

Pete Schifferli

Thanks Pete, That didn't work, I think there must be something wrong with the workings inside. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

well just a follow up. I played around with the lock for several hours and was finally able to manipulate it open and figure out the combo. It turned out to be 3-16-31. I'm thinking that perhaps American/Junkunc supplied Schwinn with their own unique codes that probably aren't published in most code books. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information