Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Yale 101.5 Change instructions

Yes. I said that. My cousin is an amateur photographer. He can never get a divorce or his wife would get all his Nikons.

I have combination change instructions and another page of how to operate bolt lock for yale 361.

The paper is old and dark brown. Hard to make a copy and fragile.

Texaschilli

I don't have an original copy and don't remember who I got these from but they should do. Included is the first page of patent drawings for the key change mechanism used in the 101-1/2. I have been unable to find a patent for the earlier version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-05.jpg  

Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-07.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-08.jpg  

Good stuff Doug! I have a smaller version of this Ely with the 101.5 - Y361 and have been searching for original paper work.

Thank you,

DH

Default Ely Norris Yale 101 1/2 Combination Change Instructions

25 March 2015

Here are cellphone camera photos of a document included with the cannonball safe I purchased.

Can anyone tell me why there are two lock cylinders if the combinations have to be the same? The change key I have fits both lock cylinders.

I also have the bolt motor instructions if anyone is interested.

Texaschilli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lock Instructions P1.jpg   Lock Instructions P2.jpg   Lock Insturctions P3.jpg  

Default Yale bolt motor key ID

25 March 2016

This bolt motor winding key came with my Ely Norris cannonball safe that has a Yale Y361 timelock.

Could anyone tell me if it might by chance be an original Yale key, or where I might get one? It has no markings of any kind.

I would also like to have an original doorkey and clockwinding key. Wish in one hand and . . .

Texaschilli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CAM01764 (1).jpg  

Default Original Yale 101-1/2 paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by Texaschilli View Post
    25 March 2015

Here are cellphone camera photos of a document included with the cannonball safe I purchased.

Can anyone tell me why there are two lock cylinders if the combinations have to be the same? The change key I have fits both lock cylinders.

I also have the bolt motor instructions if anyone is interested.

Texaschilli

Thanks so much for posting the original Yale lock instructions! I have been looking for those for a long time.

I would enjoy seeing the bolt-motor instructions as well.

My 101-1/2 utilizes the same change key for both lock cylinders was well. (KA keyed alike) Two wheel packs, hence two lock cylinders. The top and bottom combinations do not have to be the same.

DH

Default Ely Norris Yale Y361 Timelock instructions

26 March 2016

Here is a photo of the time lock instruction sheet.

I cannot figure out the part about how to reset the bolt motor spring if the bolts are released with the door open. I can't find any keyway on the Yale timelock on my safe.

Texaschilli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Timelock and Bolt Motor Instructions.jpg  

Default Albuquerque cannonball safes

Hello

I am interested on one cannonball safe. I saw you bought one from a person in Albuquerque who have more cannonball safes.

Can you send his contact info? IŽll like to write / call and ask if he want to sell another safe.

thank you

Eugenio

Default Cannonball Ely Norris hard to open

11 July 2016

I am about half-way through a "restoration" of my Ely Norris cannonball.

I have had trouble with the door being very very difficult to open. Once it rotates a little it is fine, but that first inch or so of movement I have to really bang on the handle and apply a lot of pressure to get the door started.

There is no rust on the locking lugs.

I have removed the cradle / crane from the door and there is no rust there. I can oil it or use a white lithium grease like I use on my M1 Garand when I put the cradle / crane back on the door, but there was no rust when I removed it.

I need some advice on what is binding up the door for the first bit of movement.

Texaschilli

On my cannonball and screw door, the adjustment of the door is critical.Just a touch high or low or side to side (if adjustable on yours) will cause it to bind when it draws tight. The last little bit is always tough anyway as the door is wedging to prevent nitro from being used. Polishing the threads is helpful and a light coating of lube, standard light oil, synthetic, or dry Teflon, will help. No lube until the painting is done!!! A wax for metal tools such as table saws may help also. Again, after paint.

Thread Information