Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Keil No, 7 key machine literature wanted

Hello,

I have recently acquired and rebuilt a Keil #7 key machine. This machine is for milling squiggle grooves in the side of the key (sidewinder) like those made by Bell and Dudley and used on Mills coin op machines, parking meters, etc. I am looking for any literature (manuals, parts lists, advertisements) for this machine or the related 7 1/2.

I suspect the simon-says website may have some of this but, since this is my hobby, I do not have the professional certs to get the paid membership access.

Thanks in advance for any information or direction you can provide!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregWhitney View Post
    Hello,

I have recently acquired and rebuilt a Keil #7 key machine. This machine is for milling squiggle grooves in the side of the key (sidewinder) like those made by Bell and Dudley and used on Mills coin op machines, parking meters, etc. I am looking for any literature (manuals, parts lists, advertisements) for this machine or the related 7 1/2.
    I suspect the simon-says website may have some of this but, since this is my hobby, I do not have the professional certs to get the paid membership access.
    Thanks in advance for any information or direction you can provide!
    Greg
    Keil7.5PartsPgs1-2.pdf
    I am a "paid" member of Laurie Simon's Simon-Says website. The only thing I could find was a poor copy of the parts list for the 7-1/2. Although the heading refers to three pages, only two were found. Unfortunately no operating instructions or manual. Note that the No. 7 was the base machine while the 7-1/2 was the machine mounted on a board with motor. See pdf link above.

Pete Schifferli

Hi Pete - Thank you very much for taking the time to look and provide the attachment. It's one more piece to the collection if nothing else. I do have the patent information for this machine which, surprisingly for a patent application, does have some end-user useful information. Copy of it attached.

If anyone else knows where to find old ads or other literature for the Keil 7 | 7 1/2 I am still looking for direction.

Thanks,
    Greg Whitney
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by GregWhitney View Post
    Hi Pete - Thank you very much for taking the time to look and provide the attachment. It's one more piece to the collection if nothing else. I do have the patent information for this machine which, surprisingly for a patent application, does have some end-user useful information. Copy of it attached.
    If anyone else knows where to find old ads or other literature for the Keil 7 | 7 1/2 I am still looking for direction.
    Thanks,
    Greg Whitney
    Here's an image from Keil Catalog No. 54, pg. 14; ca. 1950s.
    Keil7.5catalogPg12162015.pdf

Pete Schifferli

Wow, Pete - I am at a loss for words. You have exceeded my expectations with your knowledge, your artifacts and your willingness to help. Thank you!

Pete, that is too cool!

Thread Information